Sharing News Reports on the NC Beer and Hops Scene!

Kelly Gaskill studying the hops in our research hop yard. You can see how there are big differences in varieties. Compare the variety she is standing next beside to the one behind her. I know which one I would want to be growing!

I was reading my news clippings today and there were so many on beer and hops in NC in recent days, I just had to share.  What a happening place we are.  And the research hop yard got lots of attention at the Tomato and Vegetable Field at the research station yesterday, too.  Here are links to those articles and one radio piece:

Beer Brewing School Opening at Rockingham Community College

Fullsteam Brewery in Durham Looking for Locally Grown Hops

Sierra Nevada Brewery in Mills River Will Start Test Brewing Next Month

Farmers Hopping on Beer Bandwagon

Beer Camp Across America 2014 to Include Mills River Brewery

Labels: , ,