Wednesday, November 5, 2014

How to Grow 'Green Gold' (ginseng) and Pictures from a Fun Medicinal Herb Workshop


Last month I wrote a little blog piece for the publisher New Society on How to Grow Ginseng. Several of you mentioned that you hadn't seen it, so here is a direct link to the article: How to Grow Ginseng 'Green Gold'.

On October 22, I gave a full day workshop on growing medicinal herbs at Duke Gardens in Durham, NC. What a fun day that was! The attendees were engaged and full of questions and the hostess was a delight. I hope they ask me back again because I certainly enjoyed the experience.
We made an Echinacea tincture using E. purpurea and E. pallida. We also propagated bloodroot and seeded some herbs in pots to grow indoors for the winter.
If you are interested in having one of these workshops done for your club or organization, just let me know. In addition to myself, some of my staff also offer educational and entertaining workshops on a variety of medicinal herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment