Monday, November 23, 2015
Have you registered for the Ginseng Conference in Asheville on Dec. 4-5, 2015?
The International Ginseng Expo:
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ginseng and More
December 4-5, 2015 in Asheville, NC
ON-LINE REGISTRATION ENDS NOVEMBER 30!!!!
Join us for the Second International American Ginseng Expo on December 4th and 5th in Asheville, NC. If you are involved with or interested in ginseng, this is THE event to attend. On Friday you can register for an afternoon intensive session on growing ginseng taught by ginseng gurus Scott Persons and Bob Beyfuss OR you can participate in roundtable discussions with speakers and other experts in the ginseng industry. Afterwards, there will be a hands-on session making ginseng products and a reception. Saturday is a full day of sessions on topics related to the ginseng industry and other forest botanicals. Sponsors and vendors will be set up and there will be academic posters on display and a book signing. *welcome any and everyone interested in the ginseng industry to attend!
Check out this impressive list of our confirmed speakers (in alphabetical order):
· *Hyonho Baek, PhD, Bent Creek Institute, Vice President, Business Development.
· *Bob Beyfuss, Ginseng Expert, Retired Agriculture and Natural Resources Program Leader for Cornell Cooperative Extension of Greene County, NY and the statewide American Ginseng Specialist for Cornell Coop Extension.
· *Eric Burkhart, PhD, Pennsylvania State University, Faculty Instructor, Ecosystem Science and Management Department and Plant Science Program Director, Shaver's Creek Environmental Center.
· *Chip Carroll, United Plant Savers, Botanical Sanctuary Manager and Ginseng Grower.
· * Jeanine Davis, PhD, NC State University, Associate Professor and Extension Specialist Horticultural Science, and co-author of the book Growing and Marketing Ginseng, Goldenseal and Other Woodland Medicinals.
· * Jeannie Dunn, Owner of Red Moon Herbs, NCNPA President.
· *Pat Ford, Botanist, US Fish & Wildlife Service.
· *Ed Fletcher, COO, Strategic Sourcing and Herbal Ingenuity.
· *Melissa Fryar, Herbalist and Bulk Herb/Herb & Body Manager at French Broad Food Co-Op.
· *Joe Hollis, Herbalist and Founder of Mountain Gardens.
· * Gary Kauffman, Botanist, US Forest Service.
· *Phyllis D. Light, MA, Traditional Appalachian Herbalist and Founder of Appalachian Ctr for Natural Health.
· * Joe-Ann McCoy, PhD, Director of the NC Arboretum Germplasm Repository.
· *W. Scott Persons, Owner of Green Gold Enterprises, Grower, and co-author of the book Growing and Marketing Ginseng, Goldenseal and Other Woodland Medicinals.
· *Jen Rhode-Ward, PhD, UNCA, Associate Professor Department of Biology.
· *Wallace Souther, Owner of Hoopers Creek Botanicals, Grower.
· *Barry Thorne, Owner of Golden Needle Acupuncture, Herbal & Medical Supply.
· *David Welch, NC Plant Conservation Program Administrator, NC Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
· *Marc Williams, MA, Ethnobotanist and Executive Director of Plants & Healers International.
We have also invited “Junkyard Sam” from the Appalachian Outlaws “reality” TV show. He will talk about digging in the mountains, why he hates poaching, why he decided to be on the show, and his practices to promote future crops.
This two day event will be held on the campus of the University of NC in Asheville. It starts at 1:00 pm on Friday and concludes at 5:00 PM on Saturday. There is a special reception on Friday night.
Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2015-international-american-ginseng-expo-tickets-18458381516. Tickets can be purchased for one or both days and for the Friday night reception.
There are suggestions for motels to contact on the Eventbrite page, but a block of rooms has not been reserved.
For more info or to inquire about sponsorships or exhibiting, contact Jennifer Flynn at: seal@BlueRidgeNaturally.org
The Ginseng Expo is an event of the NC Natural Products Association.